Parking & Transportation
Public Transit Options
- Parking off-campus and using public transit is also an option.
- Old Town Transit Center – Park for free and ride MTS Bus 150 to campus.
- Miramar College – Apply for a free Miramar College Transit Station Parking permit. Print your permit, then park at the lots specified on the application. From Miramar College, you can use MTS Rapid 237 to get to campus.
- Torrey Pines State Beach – Requires purchasing a California State Parks annual pass for $195 and then riding NCTD Bus 101 to campus.
Near Campus (Free)
- Glider Port Parking Lot: North Campus on cliffs overlooking Black’s Beach, and limited street parking
- Lebon Drive & Charmant Drive: Street parking near Vons by shuttle and MTS bus stops
- Villa La Jolla Drive: Street parking near Ralph’s; short walk to campus over the bridge by Rock Bottom Brewery
- Campus Point Road: Street parking near Regents Parking Lot, Northern side of Genesee, across the street from UCSD Medical Center and Preuss School
Best Bet On Campus
Regents Parking Lot: East Campus, Lot P704; Permits required, typically ample spots available with free shuttle to/from Price Center. Gilman
P782 (Science Research Park): Permits required, 12 B spots, 236 S spots, corner of Miramar and Regents Road
Gliderport: West Campus; 300-space permit lot for A, B and S permits, on North Torrey Pines Road and Torrey Pines Scenic Drive, no shuttle directly to lot, but closest is Sanford Consortium Shuttle or Campus Loop Shuttle on North Torrey Pines Road.
Motorcycle Parking (on campus)
- Across from Prebys Music Building (@ corner of Russell and Rupertus Lane)
- Upper Muir lot
- Behind Rec Gym
- Pangea roof
- International lane
- Hopkins lvl 2, 4, 6?
- Geisel loop
- Under Goodys
- Behind galbraith
- Gilman lvl 1
- Old Student Center
- Behind Campus Bike & Skate and Taco Villa
- Student parking permits (for S spots and motorcyles) are sold online only. Choose annual, quarterly, monthly, 10 day, or 3 days/week.
- Visitor permits (valid for V, S & B spots anywhere) sold at pay stations, daily or hourly rate.
City Bus & Trolley Lines
Students with a U-PASS sticker get free, unlimited rides on bus and trolley routes provided by MTS and NCTD.
Free Campus Shuttles
- Campus Loop: Circulating campus shuttle
- City Shuttle: Also called the Arriba/Nobel Shuttle stops near popular UTC area housing complexes
- East/Regents: From Price Center to East/Regents Lot P704
- Other Shuttles: Coaster, Hillcrest Campus, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, Mesa Housing, Holiday Airport Shuttle
- Get a $20 helmet voucher from Campus Bike & Skate (Original Student Center)
- Triton Bikes loans out bikes free to students for on-campus use, comes with basket and lock
- Pedal Club offers 10% discount at Campus Bike & Skate plus a free 10-day parking pass once/quarter.